The Workplace Health Promotion Network has played host to an impressive list of expert guest speakers, along with hearing from members themselves about their own experience in implementing health and wellbeing programs.
Some of the guest speakers who have presented at meetings include :
- Jackie Burke, NSW Rape Crisis Centre, Vicarious trauma in the workplace.
- Scott Dunn, Heart Foundation, The Healthy Workplace Guide.
- Katrina Walton, Wellness Designs, Wellness on a shoestring: how to create programs that both your employees and Finance Manager will love.
- Cath Winter, Department of Health and Ageing, Australian Government Healthy Workers’ Initiative.
- Dr Toby Ford, The Health and Productivity Institute of Australia and Ford Health, HAPIA Guidelines for Best Practice in Corporate Wellness.
- Athena Koelmeyer, Workplace Law, Psychological Issues in the Workplace: An Intersection of Legal Obligations.
- Lesley Morrison, Comcare, Recovery of an Affected Employee: A Manager’s Approach.
- Andrew Noblet, Deakin Business School, Deakin University, A pro‐active, systems‐based approach to preventing and managing work‐related stress.
- John Littleton, Medibank Health Solutions, Managing Psychological Injuries in the Workplace.
- Dr Carlo Caponecchi and Dr Anne Wyatt, Beyond Bullying, Unacceptable Behaviours at Work.
- Dr Tim Sharp, The Happiness Institute, Using the Tools of Positive Psychology for a Happy and Healthy Workplace.
- Susan Pulman, beyondblue, Depression and beyondblue’s National Workplace Program.
- Adrian Bauman, University of Sydney, Physical activity, the metabolic health risks of sitting and ideas for workplace interventions.
- A/Prof Tony LaMontagne, University of Melbourne, Job Strain & Developing a Systems Approach.