Service Manager – Workplace Health, Safety & Wellbeing
Redland City Council
What are you/your organisation currently focussing on in terms of workplace health and wellbeing?
- Healthily and Well Ageing
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Sedentary Work
- Psychosocial Safety Matters which now include Domestic and Family Violence matters interfacing in the workplace
What aspect of workplace health and wellbeing does your organisation do well in?
We do what we do based on identified risk factors and continually review and adjust our offerings
What’s your biggest challenge working in workplace health and wellbeing?
- Getting the word out to all the stakeholders
- Keeping the energy up on the programs
- Engaging the right partners
How does Way Ahead Workplaces add value to your organisations health and wellbeing program?
- Great Networking
- Great Professional Development Opportunities
- Great information sources
How do you deal with stress?
- Remembering what is important
- Taking time to do things I enjoy doing
What are the key issues and considerations for people in workplace health and wellbeing roles?
- Be People Centric
- Justify what you do by reducing the risk
- Be wholistic in your approach
How do you switch off from work?
- Spending time in the outdoors
- Having other things to focus on