Recent government inquiries such as the Australian Public Service Mental Health Capability Review and Wellbeing at Work Report have shed light on the pressing need to address employee mental health as a means of ensuring an overall healthier and more productive public sector workforce. However, many government agencies are facing persistent challenges in addressing the stigma of mental health in the workplace, engagement of managers and normalising conversations around mental health, coupled with the added challenge of developing a high quality strategy to address these issues.
This Public Sector Workplace Mental Health Strategies conference, taking place on 3rd – 5th December 2019 in Canberra is an essential opportunity for government agencies to better understand how to navigate the issue of employee mental health. Learn from peers across the public sector and take away practical strategies to develop a positive workplace culture and improve employee mental health outcomes.
WayAhead Workplaces members receive an exclusive 10% discount – email Lynley for the code firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you attend this conference?
- A thorough understanding of the importance of mental health in the workplace
- An appreciation for the positive benefits of investing in mental health and wellbeing
- Insights from senior leadership champions of employee wellbeing on driving organisational culture change
- Lessons from evidence-based case studies in designing and implementing mental health initiatives
- Tools to address and overcome barriers to reducing stigma
- Strategies to develop a comprehensive, relevant, & effective mental health strategy
Who will attend?
Senior leaders from Federal, State & Local Government, and Public Hospitals & Health Services, with responsibility for:
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Work Health & Safety
- Health & Wellbeing
- People & Culture
- Human Resources
- Employee Assistance Program